Thursday, July 17, 2014

Creamy Mango Oatmeal | Baby & Toddler Food Ideas

Did you know that Oatmeal with fruits is a delightful breakfast. After my attempt with Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, I have been looking ways to sneak in fruits to oatmeal. This is another one of my successful try in making my LO love oatmeal. A sweet and creamy mango oatmeal with a hint of cardamom is more like pudding than a oatmeal. LO didn't make any fuss on seeing the bright sunshine colored breakfast. Now that he is identifying colors, he loves to have a colorful breakfast. Yellow as in Mango Oatmeal and Blue in his Blueberry oatmeal (his another favorite).
Ingredients:
Rolled oats - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Whole milk - 1/4 cup or more
Cubed Fresh Mango - 1/2 cup + more for topping
Sugar/Honey - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Salt - a dash


Method:
Mix the oats with water and salt in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Mix once and cook another half a minute. Puree the mango with milk. Mix the mango puree with the oatmeal and cook another minute in the microwave pausing and mixing once in the 30 seconds mark. Allow 2-3 minutes of standing time. Mix the sugar if using and serve warm topped with cut mango cubes.
Notes: For babies less than 10 months, use an immersion blender to puree the warm oatmeal before serving

4 comments:

  1. wow thats a super delicious oatmeal , perfect healthy meal for toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb will definetly try this for my girl.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post it is very helpful for me I have some important information in your blog its very helpful for me.
    Toddler Recipes


    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.